The power of ‘healthy touch’ is needed more today than ever. This workshop helps students gain an understanding of what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is and its many presentations. Explore what the therapeutic role is with attention paid to the scope of practice. (This is specific to each state. Please be familiar with the rules/laws in your area) Discussion covers various stress activators and explores a deeper understanding of how this condition affects the body and its tissues.
The lecture reviews anatomy & physiology that corresponds with the hands-on techniques. The techniques will be explored and practiced from both the therapist and client perspectives. A respectful environment fosters time to grow confidence through interactive, hands-on exercises and focused instructor attention. Learn integrative methods that reduce physical compensation by the body. Help and change come through a neutral touch and gentle, soft tissue decompression.
Bodywork for PTSD 1 – 16 CEU – Course Objectives
- Learn what PTSD is, how it lands, and what it does
- Learn how it can be triggered and the impact it has
- Explore the benefits of healthy touch and therapeutic applications
- Explore the full spectrum of PTSD and what we can do to help
- Understand bodywork’s role and scope in the healing process
- Dedicated time to practice and receive numerous interdisciplinary hands-on techniques
Hear what Matthew has to say about the importance of trauma informed bodywork! Click Here